Enterprise Risk Analyst
Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company was founded in 1891 and has been a stable financially strong company for over 125 years.
Boston Mutual is proud to promote our corporate principles of Service, Value, and Integrity. As well as being a financially strong and reputable company to do business with, Boston Mutual offers its employees a wide array of competitive benefits to full time employees. These include Health, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, generous paid vacation time, free parking, paid holidays, 401K program, Flex Spending, tuition reimbursement, and an employee assistance program as well as offering flexible work schedules.
All Boston Mutual employees who interact with our policyholders, our producers and our BML associates embrace the principles of our brand and service philosophy. We are all brand ambassadors. Both our words and our behaviors matter. We share a common service philosophy and pride ourselves in living the BML brand promises every day, one interaction at a time.
We do our best to:
• Demonstrate a desire to assist.
• Listen for understanding and respond empathetically
.• Explain things in a manner that is easy to understand.
• Be knowledgeable students of our business.
• Take full ownership to resolve questions and issues.
• Be professional, polite and courteous.
• Leave our customers and associates “better than where we found them.”
The Enterprise Risk Analyst will help stakeholders to embed risk management practices in their business units. The Enterprise Risk Analyst is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the risk management program, including developing and managing a systematic process to identity, monitor, measure and mitigate actual and potential exposures to risk.
The Enterprise Risk Analyst is expected to:
• Systematically update the ERM dashboards over a pre-determined time-line.
• Identifying and characterizing potential risks, assessing vulnerability of critical assets to specific risks.
• Assist in the analysis of metrics across multiple Strategic Business Centers and Staff departments to identify trends.
• Work with CRO on communications to business units related to risk reducing actions regarding identified “high risk” trends. This includes demonstrating the value added of these metrics to the business units.
• Possess a working knowledge of Enterprise Risk principles and processes.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with assigned internal and external clients through risk problem resolution.
• Assist CRO to develop and implement appropriate controls and procedures enterprise wide, while accounting for risks inherent in the business units.
• Provides analytical and project support to the Chief Risk Officer
• Assists in the risk assessment of new products, as well as in reviewing risk and assessments across strategic business units.
• Assist CRO concerning communications to business units on risk reducing actions regarding identified “high risk” trends. This includes demonstrating the value added of these metrics to the business units.
• Assist in the Business Continuity Project.
• Communicate well and be open to ideas/suggestions.
• Possess the ability to assist in the evaluation current/future Third Party relationships using ERM principles.
• Actively contribute as a key member of the Enterprise Risk team.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree requiredEducation: Bachelor’s Degree required
Experience: Minimum 2+ years of insurance/enterprise risk experience preferred.
• Technical expertise with a strong level of knowledge of insurance, enterprise risk principles, practices and procedures.
• Strategic thinker and problem solver with a broad understanding of innovation and technology• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and extend relationships with internal and external clients
• Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team oriented environment
• Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving; demonstrated ability to take initiative with a “can do” attitude
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to context, substance and detail
Certifications/Licensures: Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP) candidate or Insurance License preferred.