Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company was founded in 1891 and has been a stable financially strong company for over 125 years.
Boston Mutual is proud to promote our corporate principles of Service, Value, and Integrity. As well as being a financially strong and reputable company to do business with, Boston Mutual offers its employees a wide array of competitive benefits to full time employees. These include Health, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, generous paid vacation time, free parking, paid holidays, 401K program, Flex Spending, tuition reimbursement, and an employee assistance program as well as offering flexible work schedules.
All Boston Mutual employees who interact with our policyholders, our producers, and our BML associates embrace the principles of our brand and service philosophy. We are all brand ambassadors. Both our words and our behaviors matter. We share a common service philosophy and pride ourselves in living the BML brand promises every day, one interaction at a time.
We do our best to:
- Demonstrate a desire to assist.
- Listen for understanding and respond empathetically.
- Explain things in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Be knowledgeable students of our business.
- Take full ownership to resolve questions and issues.
- Be professional, polite and courteous.
- Leave our customers and associates “better than where we found them.”
The Quality Champion is responsible for testing and auditing cases at various stages of the pre- and post-sales process concluding after the first bill has been sent. The Quality Champion is responsible for compiling and evaluating statistical data to report to management on quality and the turn-around-times on every step of the pre- and post-sales process. The Quality Champion is responsible for initiating, designing and assisting with executing adoption of improvements to new and/or existing business processes and customer experiences.
The Quality Champion is expected to:
- Achieve a thorough understanding of company products and the pre- and post-sales process in order to confirm adherence to company processes.
- Analyze and make recommendations to management on ways to improve the process to improve the customer experience.
- Maintain QA results log to assess root cause, service level goal achievement and provide data to Sales Operations Management for review.
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or process standards to achieve optimum results within the limits of our capabilities.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify, implement and confirm adherence to process improvements.
- Make sure all standard operating procedures are documented and reflect all current processes.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
Experience: 1-5 years of business experience required. Insurance Industry, Group Voluntary Life and Disability products experience preferred.
- Strong business knowledge.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and extend relationships.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills with strong decision making capacity; demonstrated ability to take initiative with a “can do” attitude.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to context, substance and detail.
- Shows initiative with the ability to proactively create and implement changes that will improve workflow.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Working knowledge of Boston Mutual Workplace Solutions or related industry products, enrollment systems and administrative processes preferred.
- Exceptional skills using MS Office.
- Reasoning ability – Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.