Internal Sales Coordinator
Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company was founded in 1891 and has been a stable financially strong company for over 125 years.
Boston Mutual is proud to promote our corporate principles of Service, Value, and Integrity. As well as being a financially strong and reputable company to do business with, Boston Mutual offers its employees a wide array of competitive benefits to full time employees. These include Health, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, generous paid vacation time, free parking, paid holidays, 401K program, Flex Spending, tuition reimbursement, and an employee assistance program as well as offering flexible work schedules.
All Boston Mutual employees who interact with our policyholders, our producers, and our BML associates embrace the principles of our brand and service philosophy. We are all brand ambassadors. Both our words and our behaviors matter. We share a common service philosophy and pride ourselves in living the BML brand promises every day, one interaction at a time.
We do our best to:
- Demonstrate a desire to assist.
- Listen for understanding and respond empathetically.
- Explain things in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Be knowledgeable students of our business.
- Take full ownership to resolve questions and issues.
- Be professional, polite and courteous.
- Leave our customers and associates “better than where we found them.”
The Internal Sales Coordinator is responsible for playing a key role in the timely acquisition of new business. The Internal Sales Coordinator is expected to leverage their knowledge of Boston Mutual’s products, internal and external processes and relationships, and the competition to proactively identify all pre-sale needs to effectively and efficiently solicit and sell new business.
The Internal Sales Coordinator is expected to:
- Be a respected knowledge base for all Boston Mutual products and sales procedures with the goal of helping brokers understand Boston Mutual’s products and processes in order to place new business.
- Be the primary liaison between the Broker and Home Office for all pre-sale inquiries and communications to enhance the sales experience; partner with Regional Sales Director (RSD) resolve any issues raised by the Broker.
- Oversee all pre-sale activity for the first 90 days of the sales process, including effective two-way communication with brokers, RFP, negotiations, and finalist presentation readiness, to position Boston Mutual to win the sale. Ensure all pre-sale, service level goals are met and Quality Assurance is executed in accordance with internal guidelines.
- Support reenrollment and renewals as appropriate based on producer and case renewal dynamics.
- Collaborate with RSDs to increase the sales activity and deepen broker relationships with existing and new brokers who have not submitted business with Boston Mutual within the last year or more.
- Maintain accurate documentation in Salesforce for every step of the process the Internal Sales Coordinator is responsible for to ensure a smooth and seamless handoff to the Implementation Coordinator Team.
- Exercise discretion in escalating a case to Underwriting for true risk assessment when appropriate. Collaborate with Underwriting to establish turn-around times and communicate turn-around times to the Internal Sales Coordinators and the Implementation Coordinators respectively.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of business experience preferred. Employee Benefits experience preferred.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving skills with strong decision making capacity; demonstrated ability to take initiative with a “can do” attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and extend relationships.
- Ability to prioritize competing priorities and multi-task a variety of requests simultaneously in a fast paced sales environment.
- Shows initiative with the ability to create and implement changes that will improve workflow.
- Excellent verbal, written, and active listening skills.
- Identify, analyze and resolve various issues as they occur.
- Ability to articulate and educate internal and external partners.
- Be proficient in the sales discovery conversation, understanding the brokers business, style, and needs. Offering solutions that are within the guidelines and abilities of Boston Mutual.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.