Group Issue Representative
Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company was founded in 1891 and has been a stable financially strong company for over 125 years.
Boston Mutual is proud to promote our corporate principles of Service, Value, and Integrity. As well as being a financially strong and reputable company to do business with, Boston Mutual offers its employees a wide array of competitive benefits to full time employees. These include Health, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, generous paid vacation time, free parking, paid holidays, 401K program, Flex Spending, tuition reimbursement, and an employee assistance program as well as offering flexible work schedules.
All Boston Mutual employees who interact with our policyholders, our producers, and our BML associates embrace the principles of our brand and service philosophy. We are all brand ambassadors. Both our words and our behaviors matter. We share a common service philosophy and pride ourselves in living the BML brand promises every day, one interaction at a time.
We do our best to:
- Demonstrate a desire to assist.
- Listen for understanding and respond empathetically.
- Explain things in a manner that is easy to understand.
- Be knowledgeable students of our business.
- Take full ownership to resolve questions and issues.
- Be professional, polite and courteous.
- Leave our customers and associates “better than where we found them.”
The Issue Support Representative/Supply Coordinator is responsible for the New Issue/NBOC team, Sales and Policyholders. The team’s primary responsibilities are issuing policyholder’s policies, certificates, supplies and billing promptly while demonstrating the highest levels of service professionalism in all they do.
The Issue Support Representative/Supply Coordinator is expected to:
- Analyze and set up new cases for processing.
- Responsible for data entry using Group Comm system/EDI feed updates.
- Preparation of Contracts/Certificates/Benefit Summaries by coverage(s) and state specifics.
- Perform electronic census uploads using Microsoft Excel.
- Interdepartmental interaction with other departments, including, Sales, Underwriting, Claims, Reinsurance, Compliance, and IT Departments. Provide high-quality service to Policyholders, Producers and Sales Team as well as internal and external customers.
- Coordinate and mail supplies for Group policyholders and administration.
- Assist with policyholder questions and other activities to help support the billing team.
- Provide customers with requested backup and supplies promptly.
- All other duties as required.
Education: High School Diploma required.
Experience: Minimum of 2 years of business experience required.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize a high volume of multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to context, substance, and detail while meeting goals and strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and extend relationships.
- Shows initiative with a “can do attitude” and the ability to implement changes that will improve workflow.
- Strong computer skills using MS Office especially Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Insurance knowledge is a plus.