Compliance and Legal Analyst
Boston Mutual Life Insurance Company was founded in 1891 and has been a stable financially strong company for over 125 years.
Boston Mutual is proud to promote our corporate principles of Service, Value, and Integrity. As well as being a financially strong and reputable company to do business with, Boston Mutual offers its employees a wide array of competitive benefits to full time employees. These include Health, Dental, Life and Long Term Disability Insurance, generous paid vacation time, free parking, paid holidays, 401K program, Flex Spending, tuition reimbursement, and an employee assistance program as well as offering flexible work schedules.
All Boston Mutual employees who interact with our policyholders, our producers, and our BML associates embrace the principles of our brand and service philosophy. We are all brand ambassadors. Both our words and our behaviors matter. We share a common service philosophy and pride ourselves in living the BML brand promises every day, one interaction at a time.
We do our best to:
• Demonstrate a desire to assist.
• Listen for understanding and respond empathetically.
• Explain things in a manner that is easy to understand.
• Be knowledgeable students of our business.
• Take full ownership to resolve questions and issues.
• Be professional, polite and courteous.
• Leave our customers and associates “better than where we found them.”
The Compliance and Legal Analyst is responsible for supporting the Compliance and Legal departments while maintaining the highest levels of service professionalism in all they do.
The Compliance and Legal Analyst is expected to:
• Oversee product filing process, including: analyzing and advising business units on filing requirements; working with product filing vendors to analyze and edit insurance policies and forms for compliance with state laws; responding to product filing related inquires (both internally and externally).
• Research state regulations applicable to company products, develop a library of regulatory guidance that can be utilized by Compliance department as well as other departments within the company.
• Work with various departments to ensure newly approved products are compliant before they are issued to customers.
• Assist with the review of advertising/marketing materials and look for opportunities to improve process flow.
• Disseminate changes to laws and regulations to the relevant business units; track implementation to ensure compliance.
• Develop and maintain effective interpersonal relationships with all departments including Corporate Officers.
• Conduct research as directed by Legal Counsel on a wide range of topics and advise business units accordingly.
• Review documents submitted by customers such as Power of Attorneys, Guardianships, and Assignments and advise business units on appropriate administration of products.
• Coordinate contract management and tracking and assist with contract review.
• Coordinate responses to subpoenas.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, J.D. preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of equivalent industry experience preferred.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Excellent compliance/legal research and analytical skills.• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize a high volume of multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to context, substance and detail while meeting goals and deadlines. • Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively build and extend relationships.
• Eager to learn and shows initiative with a “can do attitude” and suggests ideas to implement changes to improve workflow.
• Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be self-directed and effective independently.
• Excellent computer skills using MS Office.
Certifications/Licensures: Paralegal certificate preferred.